Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Favorite Pastimes

I have often been intrigued by the term hobby!! I mean what kind of a term is that? HOBBY?? or when people ask you what are your HOBBIES??? It sounds very funny to my ears. So I have decided that it is better to write 'Past time' then Hobby.

Well before I start this I must mention something here, there is a reason for me to name my blog the way it is, I really do love to talk to people. Most of the times it is misunderstood and I am labeled as talkative, but I really find it extremely stimulating to talk to people from different backgrounds, different taste, different interest, I mean there is so much to know and I find conversing with someone is the best way to know more stuff, so as to speak. And one thing helps and that is that I am not judgmental, other than some extreme cases.


Lets see, I like watching movies, (WHO DOESN'T) apart from horror flicks, unfortunately I am going to be watching one very soon,( The Reaping). There is a reason for me not to like horror flick's and I can definitely for sure blame the whole thing on my Big Brother.... Yeah that is correct, he used to scare me to death every night with this phrase "DRACULA!!! ---THERE IS DRACULA HIDING OVER THERE, WAITING FOR YOU" Man you guys wont believe this I used to pray so that I wont have to get up in the middle of the night to take a piss. Such an A-hole!!! (This is said with fondness) Apart from that I like all genres of movies, sci-fi and adventure stuff are my favorites. My all time favorite ones are as follows: (This should be interesting I have watched a lot of movies)
  • Star Wars (Only the older ones, not the new episodes, too much of CGI.)
  • Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade(The whole series in fact, this one is my favourite.)
  • Lord of the Rings (The whole series, read the book too)
  • A Walk In the Clouds (If you guys have not seen this one, watch it, its beautiful)
  • Von Ryan's Express
  • The Great Escape
  • Pulp Fiction
  • MacKennas Gold (That song ' Old Turkey Buzzard is so cool. I love that song)
  • King Solomon's Mines
  • Aliens (First time I watched it, it was with my brother, I was hiding under the seat majority of the time, not Kiddin!!! )
  • The Good, Bad and the Ugly
  • Sholay (This one is my all time favorite Hindi movie)
  • Gupi Gayen Bagha Byen,the whole series, (This one is my all time favorite Bengali Movie.)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness
  • The Omen (Original version, cannot help it, it was nice)
  • Golmaal (The original) There are very few comedies made better than this.
  • Coming to America (Watch this one, it's funny)
  • Sleepless in Seattle
  • Forest Gump
  • The Sound Of Music
  • Guns Of Navaronne
  • Silence of the Lambs (I just love this series and also Sir Anthony Hopkins, he is too cool)
  • Surviving Picasso
  • A Bridge too Far
  • Platoon
  • First Blood
  • Rocky4
  • Mission Impossible (I like the whole series so far)
  • Hearts In Atlantis (No this one is not about Atlantis)
  • North by Nothwest
  • The Fourth Protocol
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Arsenic and Old Lace (This is an Old movie, but if you can watch it, this is one of the funniest movies I have seen, it is hilarious)
  • An Affair to Remember(An All time Classic)
  • Philadelphia
  • Bachelor Party (This one is cool, it has got Tom Hanks starring, entertaining for us i.e)
  • The Matrix
  • Enter the Dragon (All time favorite martial arts movie)
  • My Own Private Idaho
  • Point Break
  • Young Guns
  • Unforgiven
I will keep on adding to this, as I will remember more, for now this is it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely web-site, I hadn’t come across this before in my lookups! Continue the wonderful job!